There are many types of wires and cables, and the quality of various cables on the market is uneven. The quality of the cables directly affects the quality of the project and the safety of consumers' lives and property. When purchasing wires and cables, you must understand the relevant situation in detail, at least how to choose and distinguish whether the cable is of high quality. Of course, the protection and storage method of the cable is also critical. The details are as follows:
1. For long-term storage of cables, avoid contact with acids, alkalis and mineral oils.
2. In the warehouse where the wires and cables are stored, it is strictly forbidden to exist with harmful cables (tinned copper wire or bare copper wire).
3. The cables should be stored regularly, and stored according to specifications and appearance time. In order to facilitate the safe storage of cables. Cables should be used within one and a half years from the time of shipment. If they cannot be completed, they must not be stored for more than two years.
4. Because the cables are stored for a long time due to different lengths of compression and the degree of softness and hardness of the protective sleeve will have a certain impact on the cables, it should be rolled regularly during storage (once every 3 months in summer) , Other seasons can be postponed as appropriate). During the rolling process, in order to avoid getting wet, the storage tray should be rolled down and turned upwards. After rolling, you must check whether the wires are intact.
5. The transportation of wires is also the key to the storage and protection of wires. It is strictly forbidden to throw the cable reels from a high place during transportation. This may cause the insulation and the sheath to crack.
6. It is strictly forbidden to lay the cable flat during storage, otherwise it will cause a certain degree of abrasion to the insulation layer or protective sleeve. It can be imagined that the damage of the bare twisted wire will be more serious. And if the cable is laid flat and the arrangement is disordered, it will inevitably affect the quality of the wire to a certain extent.